The Middlesex United Way, Inc. is fully committed to creating and maintaining an organizational environment which enables all people to perform to their potential by actively valuing different backgrounds and perspectives, fostering teamwork and collaboration among a heterogeneous community, and maximizing contributions to the Middlesex United Way by using the skills, talents, and resources of all members of our community.
Current Job Openings
Role: Community Impact Director
Reports to: President and CEO
Description of Position:
With the community, lead the development and execution of strategies related to the long-term goals of Middlesex United Way. Cultivate relationships, develop innovative partnerships, and create alliances and networks to engage the broader community in solving problems. With CEO, the Director of Development and the Marketing Manager, help communicate the impact of United Way to corporate and individual donors, as well as to the broader community.
70% Program Development and Management
• Lead the implementation of internal activities and services that address community problems.
• Manage the Community Impact Committee(s) of the Board. Engage the committee(s) in giving, volunteering, and advocating.
• Manage the grant funding processes and other resource distributions to community services and programs. Manage routine outcome-based reporting with community programs.
• Facilitate collaboration between community programs, assist in capacity building and training of community programs’ leadership.
• Help internal and community programs succeed through fundraising and procurement of other resources including grants, in-kind donations, and volunteers.
• Identify opportunities to participate in community organizations, committees and councils that will lead to the realization of United Way’s Community Impact goals and increase community awareness of our work and brand.
• Recruit, engage and supervise volunteers and interns.
• Assist in overall activities of Middlesex United Way by working in a team environment.
• Organize and promote financial stability related community dialogue opportunities and events.
• Stay current and provide updates on knowledge of economic issues locally, statewide, and nationally, including programmatic trends, promising practices, and public policy. Identify and promote financial stability related public policy/advocacy engagement opportunities. 30% Strategic Planning
• Develop and implement innovative activities to address gaps in services related to Education, Financial Stability, and Health.
• Establish logic model that incorporates measurable outcomes. Develop and implement system for collecting program data from participating financial institutions to evaluate the effectiveness of the program. Gather statistical information, as required by funding sources and report on program effectiveness.
• Develop plan for continued program management in order to ensure sustainability
• Determine needs (both financial resources and staff resources) for long-term sustainability.
• Develop long term measurable goals and make the case for continues support based on proven results.
30% Grant Writing, Grant Management and Fundraising
• Write competitive grants to secure funding
- Research, submit and administer financial stability related grant funding opportunities.
• Submit grant reports with data tracked through the program.
• Collaborate with CEO and Director of Development to develop and implement the annual fundraising plan; incorporate Community Impact activities into all aspects of development.
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of work in a relevant human service field, or non-profit.
• Strong interpersonal communication and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work effectively with volunteers and constituents
• Understanding of and desire to learn more about the Middlesex County community
• Ability to engage others in a cause in which they believe
• Experience managing and recruiting volunteers
• Ability to navigate and fully utilize an online application software system
• Experience with group presentations and providing training and technical assistance
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
• Requires time away from the office, traveling by car, walking to appointments and taking stairs
• Must have valid driver’s license and provide personal vehicle
• Must be fluent in English in both the written and spoken word
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
The statements made herein are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list.
Salary Range: $55,000 -$65,000